Frequently Asked Questions
How old do I have to be to get a tattoo?
- You must be 18 to get a tattoo in Tennessee.
How much does a tattoo cost?
- Our shop minimum is $80, and our artists' rates are between $100-$140 an hour.
Do I have to make an appointment?
- If a design will take around an hour or less to complete and one of our artists has availability, we can take that as a walk-in. Anything past that, you will need to set an appointment.
How do I make an appointment?
- It is always best to come in and speak with one of us in person before setting an appointment. That way, we can go over your idea, sizing, and estimated pricing. To set an appointment, we take a $100 nonrefundable deposit ($50 for smaller design). That goes towards the price of your tattoo and holds your time in the schedule. If you have already spoken with one of us about your design, we can book you over the phone at 615-326-8056. We can accept credit cards over the phone.
Do you offer touch ups?
- We offer one free touch up within the first 90 days of your appointment.
Can you cover up old tattoos?
- Yes, we can. Every cover-up needs to be approached a little differently, so we always book a consultation beforehand to go over what can and can't be done over your existing tattoo. We recommend having a few ideas of what you would like to cover it with and an open mind to your artist's suggestions.
How do I take care of my new tattoo?
-You can find full aftercare information here.
What happens if I can't make my appointment?
-We generally offer one reschedule if you give us at least 24 hours notice on weekday appointments. We are stricter on weekend appointments, so make sure that you are able to make it before scheduling. If something urgent comes up, just give us a call, and we can work it out.
Can you tattoo over scars?
-It depends on the age and severity of the scarring. You can book a consultation with us, and we can see what the best route will be.
Can I get a tattoo if I am pregnant?